While it is relatively simple to take care of elements of block paving near your home, it’s not completely easy to maintain and to be able to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly need regular cleaning. There are also actions that you can take to avoid problems developing with your block paving and this can make the maintenance process a lot easier.
Let’s have a look at the 5 points that will help keep the drive, path or outdoor patio looking fantastic for many years to come:
- Keep weeds away. Weeds will not expand over the block paving from the surface underneath, however they will start to grow within the joints between the stones. Dealing with the area surrounding the joints with weed killer, even if you are yet to discover any unwanted weeds, can help prevent this issue from developing. Prevention is definitely much better than treatment in cases like this, as established weeds can be hard to shift permanently after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving regularly. Frequently washing your block paving will stop it looking grubby and worn out. The very best way to completely clean your paving would be to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to apply this solution on the paving with a brush with tough bristles. These bristles will also help remove particles from the joints.
- Take care of algae as quickly as possible. For those who have block paving which is produced from natural stone, then you might experience problems with algae, and these issues can begin to show after only a brief amount of time. One of the most effective ways to deal with algae is to apply regular household bleach, and this ought to be done when you first notice the algae.
- Think about using a power washer. Using a power washer can really improve the look of your block paving by washing away all the grime that has accumulated and help recover the paving to its original colour. This is not a procedure that needs to be carried out too frequently however, as over use of power washers can damage the components that the paving is made from. Here you’ll find more details on EKS Construction Cambridge.
- Close up the joints of the paving. In case you have a lot of issues with unwanted weeds and water entering the joints of the paving, then using a sealer might help. This will help preserve the joints and might reduce the quantity of problems that you have with weeds. It may also extend the life span of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn’t have to be a hard or time consuming task, and the more often it is carried out, the easier it will be the next time. If you never perform any maintenance on your block paving, then at some point in the future you will start to notice that it does not look just like it used to, and the when you get to this point, it can be tough to put things right.